What do I do if I’ve been a victim of fraud?
We’re here to help. Acting quickly will minimize the damage and help prevent further fraud or theft. Follow these steps
What are my responsibilities when using online banking?
Online banking is very secure on our end, but there are some things you need to do to ensure your information remains safe:
- Protect your login information. Memorize your Personal Access Code (PAC) and never share it with anyone.
- Always log off from online banking.
- Be aware. Check your balances regularly and look for irregular activities.
- Install anti-virus software to protect yourself from viruses that can be accidentally downloaded through the internet.
- Ensure your software is up to date to make sure you’re not vulnerable to an attack.
- Use a firewall to block data transmission between your computer and the internet.
- Practice smart computing by emptying your browser cache, don’t download unknown programs, disable automatic password save, use a reputable browser, and secure your wireless connection.
How does First Calgary Financial make online banking safe?
- Encryption & SSL Technology makes it difficult for unauthorized individuals to intercept and view your online activity.
- Password (PAC) login makes your information accessible only to those who know your PAC.
- Last Logged In shows the last time you logged in. If it’s unfamiliar, talk to us immediately
- Automatic Time-Outs Due to Inactivity will log you off after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- Access to Data Files stored on highly secure networks so your information isn’t lost in case of a system error or power outage.
- We support and carry out Quality Assurance on Opera pre 9 browser. We support but do not carry out Quality Assurance on Firefox 2.0, Opera 9, Safari 2.0, Firefox 3.0+. Use the newest browser version to make full use of new technologies and current security updates.
- Your browser must also support 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. All the browsers we support meet this requirement. If yours doesn't, please download the appropriate encryption support from your browser's supplier.
What is the Enhanced Security feature?
Enhanced Security provides an additional layer of security to the Online Banking login process. Registering for this feature requires you to select and answer three security questions and displays the option to register your computer.
It adds an extra step during the Online Banking login process and requires you to answer one of your three security questions that are randomly presented.
By registering your personal computer for faster logins you can skip the extra step of having to answer one of your security questions during the login process.
?Did You Know
How do I protect myself from fraud?
Fraud can happen to anyone. That’s why it’s important to know how best to protect yourself. Member Alerts are your best tool.
Here are a few more tips to help protect yourself:
- Be PIN smart - keep your pin number and banking passwords (PAC) secure
- Be aware of common scams
- Be vigilant with spam emails on your computer, tablet and mobile
- Report lost or stolen Member Cards® and credit cards immediately
For more information on security and privacy, visit the Knowledge Hub