Everything you need to get started financially in Calgary.
Welcome to Calgary! Let's make your banking easy.
From getting your new home, to setting up accounts, to transferring and building savings for your future goals - we make managing your finances as a newcomer to Calgary easy.
- Get a Free Chequing Account: Don't pay banking fees when you don't have to!
- Get Your First Canadian Mortgage: Get into your first home in Canada, with no Canadian credit history required.*
- Get Your First Canadian Credit Card: Start building your credit footprint, with no Canadian credit history required.**
- Transfer Your Savings and Investments with Ease: Access a free, values-based financial plan when you meet with one of our advisors. They'll help you navigate saving for your future goals.
- Access Loans and Financing: After a big move, there's often financing needed - whether that's for a new vehicle, home renovations or other personal expenses.*
- Send Money Internationally: Western Union® Money Transfers is available online in just a few clicks.
- Language Support: Our branch locations list the languages our local teams speak. Click Here to see all our locations.
- And more!
Why choose First Calgary? We put members first. Always. Get to know the perks of membership.
?Did You Know
Being a member pays! Over $13.3 Million in dividends are now being shared with our member-owners. It's what sets us apart from banks. Interested in making common shares a bigger part of your investment strategy? It's easy.
Daily Bank Accounts
Don’t pay banking fees when you don’t have to. Our No Fees For Me™ chequing account is completely free, with no strings attached, and no minimum balance required. Make your money work for you with an interest bearing savings account. If you’re coming from or traveling to the US, open a US Dollar bank account to avoid the exchange fees. We offer a 100% deposit and interest guarantee!***
Loans & Financing
Get settled in to Calgary. If you’re looking to finance a new vehicle, get settled in your new city, or cover those extra unexpected moving costs, you’ve got a variety of options with affordable rates with us.*
Cash Crunch Loan
If times are tough, a high interest payday loan is NOT your only option. Get your budget back on track with this fair and flexible micro loan.*
If you’re buying your first home in Canada, we can help.* A single percentage point makes a big difference in your mortgage affordability. Moving province to province? See if switching your mortgage will save you money. New to Canada? Learn more about our low down payment options.
Investing & Financial Planning
Transfer investments with ease, or begin building a nest egg for your next big dream. Choose from a variety of investment products suited to both the new and experienced investors, including socially responsible investments options. Book an appointment and we’ll help get you started.
Book an Appointment
Home, Auto, Life, & Travel Insurance
Rest easy with comprehensive insurance. As a First Calgary member, you’re eligible for amazing rates with our provider, CUMIS. Stay protected while travelling, combine your auto and home insurance to save, and access great rates on life insurance.
Western Union Money Transfer
Send money internationally with just a few clicks! Western Union® Money transfers can be linked to your accounts online.
Recommended For You
The Legal Stuff
*Lending terms and conditions apply. Lending products are available to permanent residents and newcomers who arrived in Canada within the last 12 months with current valid Canadian working permits with no or limited Canadian credit history, provided they meet all of the eligibility and credit criteria of First Calgary Financial and subject to approved credit through the Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)/Genworth New to Canada Program.
**Eligibility for approval based on lending terms and conditions criteria set by Collabria.
***All principal and interest is 100% guaranteed by the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation, excluding common shares, investment shares, and mutual funds.