Checkouts Just Got Easier
Members can pay with Apple Pay when connecting their Interac® Flash Debit Card to their Apple Wallet, after downloading the latest version of the First Calgary banking app. Once you've linked an active flash card to Apple Pay, you can use it at any location where Interac® Flash is available in Canada.
Apple Pay is for iOS users who use debit frequently for payment, and want a secure, contactless payment functionality with all the benefits of Interac® Flash, and the added convenience of securely paying for purchase without your Member Card.
How To Install Apple Pay To Your iPhone:
- Download the latest First Calgary Financial Mobile Banking App (if you haven't already!) onto your Apple iPhone. iOS version 11 or greater, and iPhone 6 or greater are required.
- Tap on the Apple Wallet.
- Manually add your card number if picture recognition is having any difficulty.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and then select 'In App Activation'.
- Log in to your First Calgary Mobile Banking App using the 19-digit number found on your Member Card and your password (PAC).
- Review your settings, then your account details and tap DONE. Then your iPhone should have Apple Pay activated.
For your Member Card to work properly with Apple Pay we need to have your correct email address and your correct mobile phone number on file. Call 1.866.923.4778 to update your contact information.
How To Use It Once Installed:
- Hold your unlocked iPhone near the payment pad.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Use your Touch ID, Face ID or device passcode to complete payment then watch for your purchase to be approved.
All transactions occur in real time and will show in your chequing account history immediately after the purchase has been approved.
Don't worry. It's secure. You can feel confident using Apple Pay for any Interac® Flash Debit purchase. Since you have to use your thumbprint, face recognition or your phone passcode to complete a purchase, see it as a little extra security for your benefit. Better yet, your card information isn't stored on your iPhone so even if you lose your phone you're still secure.
Have questions or want to update your contact information? Talk to us at 1.866.923.4778.