First Calgary Financial’s Grant programs
We offer two grant streams:
- Act Local program: smaller dollar donations (up to $4,000) to support neighbourhoods near our branches. Reviewed at ongoing basis by nearby branches.
- Community grant program: larger dollar donations to support community programs affecting measurable change within our community pillars.
Act Local Program
When a First Calgary Financial branch is in your neighbourhood – your community should be stronger because of it. Let’s help you kick start your community initiative, in any way we can!
These sponsorships are designed to support grassroots projects and events making an impact in local neighbourhoods surrounding our branches.
- Sponsorships and donations of up to $4,000
- Applications accepted from non-profit organization, societies, charities, cooperatives, and social enterprises
- Employees and branches are empowered to make decisions locally, both in terms of helping members and which organizations we choose to support
These larger grants are for projects or programs working to make a measurable social impact within at least one of the four community focus areas supported by First Calgary Financial.
- Grants requests up to $10,000
- Applications accepted from associations, societies, charities, cooperatives, and social enterprises
- Applications deadline occurs annually and decided by committee review
- We cannot fund requests for projects starting before the grant deadline.
- Funds will not be available until September 15, 2018.
- Organizations must have values that are consistent with the mission and values of First Calgary Financial
Upcoming deadline: August 1, 2018
Projects and events must make an impact in one of our four focus areas:
- Supports entrepreneurship & skills training
- Provides financial education and inclusion
- Affordable housing
- Builds community pride and revitalization