A Team That Cares
As a credit union, we’re different than a bank - and we like it that way. Every day, our First Calgary team delivers outstanding financial service and experiences to more than 80,000 members in Calgary and Okotoks. You’re our member, not a number. We’re your neighbours, and your partner.
When you choose to bank with us, you become a member and an owner of a community-oriented financial institution with deep roots, big ideas, and a commitment to doing what’s right.
Helping Communities Prosper
Here’s what a community-focused approach to banking looks like.
Over $483,000 contributed
70 local community organizations supported
1,300 Calgarians impacted
Learn more about how you can apply to our grants programs.
?Did You Know
First Calgary offers three types of grants to non-profit organizations, societies, charities, cooperatives, and social enterprises who shares values that are consistent with our own! In 2017, we provided support to more than 200 community organizations across southern Alberta through these programs.
LEARN & EARN SCHOLARSHIP AND MATCHED SAVINGS
Applications closed June 1, 2018
The Learn & Earn Scholarship provides more than just money. Through our matched savings program, we help you establish and reach savings goals, we match those savings, and we provide money management tools for to use throughout life!
All students entering grade 12 in September 2018 are eligible - priority is placed on students who are motivated, have some form of employment, and face financial barriers to achieving their career or education goals.
- Participants take part in this 11-month match savings program.
- First Calgary Financial matches student savings 2:1, to a maximum of $1,100.
Visit your nearest branch to apply!
To deliver the highest possible impact, we provide support to initiatives that align with our four community pillars:
Build community pride and revitalization:
- Help volunteers build vibrant communities and foster civic pride
- Help neighbours or local businesses stay connected and supportive of each other
- Encourage community renewal and revitalization (such as beautifying neighbourhood spaces)
Support entrepreneurship & skills training:
- Create economic opportunity by providing access to training, resources or skills needed to become gainfully employed, self-employed, and financially sustainable
- Support entrepreneurs to start or grow their own locally-based businesses
Provide financial education and inclusion:
- Help citizens increase their financial knowledge, skills and confidence so they are able to better manage their money
- Seek innovative ways to serve the ‘under banked’ by increasing access to mainstream financial service offerings
- Work to build solutions to increase affordable, accessible and stable housing options for our citizens in need
See how we make our community stronger.
We’re proud members of:
We’re active contributors to:
WE WORK with KEY COMMUNITY PARTNERS YEAR ROUND:
We’re proud supporters of:
- Carya Society of Calgary
- Jewish Family Services Calgary
- Fort Calgary Preservation Society
- YWCA Calgary
- Calgary Public Library Foundation
- The Alex Community Food Centre
- Habitat for Humanity Southern Alberta Society
- Connections Counselling
- Junior Achievement of Southern Alberta
- Sonshine Society of Christian Community Services
- Calgary Immigrant Women's Association
- Calgary Tool Library
Recommended For You
The Legal Stuff