Canada Post Labour Disruption – what you need to know.
The Canadian Union of Postal Workers has begun a series of rotating strikes as of Monday, October 22, 2018. Mail will continue to be sent throughout the Canada Post system, though there may be delays due to the rotating strikes.
Good thing we have options!
- Most of your day-to-day banking can be done online here
- You can arrange to have your statements delivered electronically
- You can contact your local branch for in person document exchanges
Here are some of the ways a delay could impact you, and what to do.
- Statements - You can access your statements through:
- Online/Telephone banking
- Mobile banking
- Visiting your local branch
- Items that are at risk of delay include:
- Renewal notices from us
- Cheque Orders
- Collabria credit cards
We will continue to monitor the situation, and will keep you updated of any changes to how we communicate via mail.
Please contact your local branch with specific concerns and our teams will help you to the very best of their ability. For all other services and questions about how this potential labour disruption may affect you, please call our Member Care Centre at 403.520.8000.
For up-to-date Canada Post news click here.
The First Calgary Financial Team