Access Your Information
How to complete this form
Check the title by which you prefer to be addressed and enter your last name and first name. Then enter the name of the company or organization that you are representing, if applicable. Enter your complete mailing address and your daytime and alternate telephone numbers. First Calgary Financial may need to contact you if there are any questions about your request. If you have a fax number or E-mail address where correspondence can be sent, enter them in the spaces provided.
About your request
- What kind of information are you requesting?
Indicate whether you are requesting personal information or requesting access to the personal information of another whom you are the authorized representative. Keep the scope of your personal information request narrow and specific. A clearly defined request with a narrow scope will greatly assist First Calgary Financial to search, locate and retrieve the record(s)/personal information and answer your request quickly.
Please indicate the factual error or omission of personal information to correct and if appropriate, attach any supporting documentation.
Personal information: If you are requesting records containing your personal information you will have to provide proof of your identity before the records are released to you. If you are requesting records for another person, you will have to provide proof that you are the authorized representative and have the authority to act for that person. For example, you might provide proof that you are the person’s guardian or trustee or that you have power of attorney for the person. There is no fee for accessing personal information unless the cost of producing copies is more than $10. In these cases, you will be notified in advance of the fee.
- Do you want to either receive a photocopy of the record or examine the record in person? Check the appropriate box.
About the information you want to access
- What information are you requesting? Please be as specific as possible in describing the records. The more specific your request, the quicker and more accurately it can be answered. If you need more space, please continue your description on a separate sheet of paper and attach it to this request form.
If you are requesting your own personal information, please be sure that you give:
- Your full name;
- Any other names that you have previously used; and
- Any identifying number that relates to the records, such as account numbers.
- The person’s full name;
- Any other name that person may have used on the records; and
- Any identifying numbers for the person if you know them.
- Enter the time period of the requested records. For example, if you are requesting records for the period January 1, 2013 to April 30, 2013, enter those dates in the space provided. If you want records from January 2013 to the present, enter “January, 2013 to present.”
Sign and date the form and send it to the Chief Privacy Officer.