At First Calgary Financial, safeguarding our members’ privacy is paramount. We are committed to maintain the security, confidentiality and accuracy of the personal information we collect from you and to provide you with the financial services you need.
First Calgary Financial employees are familiar with our Privacy Code and take every step to protect, safeguard and maintain confidentiality with respect to personal information. Prior to receiving member information, First Calgary Financial employees will obtain consent and disclose the purpose and use for which the information is required.
Why do we collect personal information?
- To research, develop, suggest and manage the products and services that will help meet your financial goals and needs.
- To provide ongoing service. For example, when you ask for a product or service, we may contact you upon expiry of the offer to determine if you would like to continue.
- To determine credit worthiness. For example, we need to make informed credit decisions which may involve looking at your credit history.
Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of these purposes or as required by law.
Keep information accurate
We do our best to keep your personal information accurate and complete. The extent to which personal information will be accurate is dependent on you informing us of any changes to certain information such as name and address.
Providing Access to Your Information to You
We will provide you access to your personal information and the opportunity to amend information as required. In some cases, we may not be able to provide all of the personal information we hold if, for example, the information contains references to other individuals’ personal information.
Obtaining your consent
We will obtain consent from new members to collect, use or disclose personal information for the purposes listed earlier. You have the choice to withdraw your consent and you may refuse to provide personal information to us. Withdrawing consent may limit our ability to serve you.
- You may ask us not to contact you by telephone, mail or email for marketing purposes.
- You may also limit the information that is shared within First Calgary Financial for marketing purposes.
- You can make your privacy choices by visiting a First Calgary Financial branch, calling us at (403) 520-8000 or toll free at 1-866-923-4778, or by completing our online ‘Withdrawal of Consent to Purposes’ form.
- You may access and update your personal information any time. Simply contact us.
How to contact us
To learn more about our policies, contact our Chief Privacy Officer:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: For your protection, please do not send sensitive financial or personal information by email.
- By phone: (403) 736-4140
- By mail:
Chief Privacy Officer
Connect First Credit Union Ltd.
Unit 200- 510 16 Avenue NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 1K4