First Calgary Financial, a division of Connect First Credit Union has been committed to strengthening communities across Alberta for over 75-years, and our commitment to that growth continues with us into the future.
From our humble beginnings around neighbourhood kitchen tables to the 27 branch network across southern Alberta we are today, our credit union has always strived to be a leader in our local communities. Connect First Credit Union is focused on redefining the financial landscape in Alberta, giving our members an experience unlike any they have previously received. Our employees in both the Chinook Financial and First Calgary Financial regions focus on providing excellent service and financial success to our members as we grow together.
Connect First Credit Union is committed to shaping the financial landscape of this province, providing Albertans with the opportunity for meaningful growth. Learn more about our leadership team, board of directors and who we are here.
Connect First Credit Union Membership Information
As a credit union, our members are our owners. Each member makes a simple, one-time investment of $1 in Connect First Credit Union which provides the opportunity to share in our earnings and have a say in our future.
- 100% Guaranteed Deposits – Deposits (principal and interest) are 100% guaranteed by the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation (Mutual Funds, investment shares and common shares excluded). Learn more.
- Our profit is shared with our members through patronage and dividends
- Locally owned and operated, Connect First Credit Union takes an active role in supporting our communities through partnering with local organizations, promoting sustainable community economic development
- Access to a complete range of financial services including, our No Fees for Me Account, financial planning experts, insurance services, and competitive borrowing rates
- Our members help determine our future through voting for our board of directors during annual elections or nominating great candidates or running themselves for the Connect First Credit Union board of directors
Becoming a Member
Visit a branch or call our Contact Centre at 403.520.8000 to become a member. Your $1 common share investment provides you full access to all of our banking services and is a simple step in the account opening process.
FIRST CALGARY FINANCIAL ACHIEVEMENT HIGHLIGHTS